Rush University Medical Center is currently looking to hire for a Surgical Technologist I to assist in patient care and surgical services under the supervision of a registered nurse. The primary responsibility of this person is to carry out the function of the scrub role during surgical procedures. Surgical Technologist I exemplifies the Rush mission, vision, and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Establishes and protects the integrity of the sterile field and back table at all times. Applies the correct principles of aseptic technique.
- Applies the correct techniques of disinfection and antisepsis.
- Prepares instrumentation and equipment for decontamination per established protocols.
- Demonstrates competency in scrubbing all assigned surgical procedures and safely carries out the scrub role during the surgical procedure.
- Cares for and handles surgical instruments/equipment according to Operating Room protocols
- Works, collaboratively with all members of the health care team to assure that each patient’s privacy is protected and every patient record is considered strictly confidential.
- Assists in transferring the patient to and from the OR table to the transport cart. Opens and utilizes supplies and equipment judiciously.
- Restocks rooms according to the established par stock lists.
- Demonstrates consideration and cooperation within the operating room. Demonstrates a willingness to accept positive and negative feedback and changes behavior as indicated. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment.
- Exhibits, consistently, professional interactions with managers, co-workers, physicians and all other operating room personnel.
- Continually improves personal skills to ensure the highest quality patient care. Attends training and educational programs identified by Rush as necessary for this position.
- Treats patients, visitors and staff in a caring manner with respect and dignity.
- Exhibits the spirit of team in working with other Rush staff.
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program Analytical ability is required.
- Effective communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to interact effectively with others in difficult situations.
- Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift. Work requires lifting or carrying objects 35-40lbs. and lifting and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
- Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
- Rush was recently ranked among the top 20 hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Rush was recently ranked first for Quality and Accountability among 102 leading academic medical centers in the US in a study conducted by the health care services company Vizient.
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at email@example.com and indicate the name of the company and the position. Also, please complete an application on their website using the link below: