Medical Assistant – Float Pool
$2,000 sign-on bonus!
Fulltime, first shift
Monday – Friday with rotating Saturday’s
Travel Required to Offsite Locations
Rush is a health care leader offering world-class innovation, driven by collaboration and committed to accountability and respect, continually striving for excellence in everything that we do. Join a team committed to shaping the future of health care – and discover what your career could be.
- $2,000 sign-on bonus!
- The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting Physicians, Mid-Level Practitioners, and Registered Nurses with the evaluation, management, and treatment of patients in an ambulatory care setting
- The Certified Medical Assistant assumes responsibility for maintaining patient flow, the upkeep of exam and treatment rooms, and performing basic skills such as vital signs and point of care testing
- The Certified Medical Assistant will administer intramuscular injections, immunizations, and over-the-counter medications under the direction of a Physician
- Will function in dual administrative front desk role as a backup when necessary
- Coordinates and maintains organized patient flow.
- Performs patient intake: vital signs, height and weight, reason for visit, interim history, allergies, medication lists, and other interventions as required.
- Prepares patient for exam based on reason for visit.
- Prepares and supports patient and assists provider with procedures.
- Reviews appointment schedules and ensures all patient charts are available for the visit.
- Reviews patient charts and ensures that all ancillary reports and required paperwork are available to the provider at the time of visit.
- Administers immunizations as ordered by Physician.
- Demonstrates appropriate population specific techniques with patients
- Cleans, prepares and stocks exam rooms, treatment rooms, and workstations.
- Calls patients regarding test results and medical instruction under the direction of a Physician.
- Assists with scheduling of patient tests, procedures, and follow-up appointments.
- Assists in the care, cleaning, and sterilization of equipment and instruments.
- Maintains the inventory of medical and linen supplies.
- Provides cross coverage to other clinical areas as assigned.
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Current Clinical Medical Assistant Certification by AAMA, AMT, NCCT, or NHA (includes principles and techniques of injections and medication administration)
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assistant Program is preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Minimum of one year clinical experience
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Surgical Procedure experience preferred
- Ability to travel to offsite locations
- Computer skills required, Epic Ambulatory experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills