Certified Surgical Technician
Norwegian American Hospital in Chicago, IL is currently looking to hire a Certified Surgical Technician. For more details on the position and information on how to apply, please see below:
The Certified Surgical Technician is a specially trained individual who helps prepare for surgical patients by selecting and preparing the supplies and instruments. Assists the surgeon under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. Performs transport duties within the perioperative departments on a needed basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares instruments, equipment and appropriate narcotics needed for surgical procedures.
- Aids in exposure, hemostasis and other technical functions to assist the surgeon carry out a safe operation with the optimal result for the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and efficiently in tissue handling, suturing techniques, know tying and handling of appropriate instruments and equipment.
- Cleans and sterilizes operating room and instruments in a timely manner.
- Creates a strong communication channel with office doctors in order to proactively and effectively service their needs.
- Communicates pre-operative and post-operative instructions to patients.
- Adheres to downtime procedures.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner as identified by Norwegian American Hospital.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and core values of Norwegian American Hospital.
- Enhances professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars.
- Checks hospital email daily.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in your email the name of the position and company you are apply for.