Northwestern Medicine in Chicago, IL is currently looking to hire an EEG Technician. For more details on the position, please see below:
The Registered Neurodiagnostic Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- This position provides neurological testing and/or monitoring in any or all of the following clinical areas and modalities: A. standard, long-term, or ambulatory Electroencephalography (EEG); B. Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies;
- This position may also provide neurological testing and/or monitoring in any or all of the following additional clinical areas and modalities: A. Visual, auditory, or somatosensory Evoked Potentials (EP) or Electronystagmography; C. Intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring (IONM).
- The Registered Neurodiagnostic Technologist works closely with other members of the Neurological Testing Center (NTC) staff, including physicians.
- Complete all required paperwork before study is performed including relevant patient history. Clarify unclear or inappropriate orders. Complete billing information upon completion of procedure.
- Independently prepare patient for test and/or monitoring by accurately placing recording electrodes and using established protocols required for the procedure.
- Recognize technically inadequate signals and obtain troubleshooting assistance if necessary.
- Recognize abnormalities/potential changes and respond appropriately by communicating to a Coordinator, or appropriate neurologist.
- Maintain equipment in clean and organized condition, including stocking supplies as needed.
- Record study and enter appropriate notations and clinical observations.
- Encourage teamwork through interdepartmental communication and constructive problem resolution.
- Provide training for new Neurodiagnostic Technicians and student preceptors.
Patient Care/Age Specific Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Provide patient with procedure explanation, address questions, and reassure and relax patient (as appropriate), and prepares patients for their procedure. Provide assistance to older adults as necessary through assessment of impairments that affect testing procedures.
- Provides basic personal hygiene assistance to any patients as necessary.
- Primarily requires interaction with patients of adult and geriatric age. Interaction with neonates will be required for technicians performing EEG’s.
- Provide technical or administrative coverage in other areas of NTC as necessary.
- Participate in departmental in-services, monthly staff meetings, and continuing education
- Assist in report typing, distribution, filing and other storage duties as assigned.
- Provide consistent feedback and suggestions for improvement to NTC Resource Coordinator and/or Manager.
- Provide written and/or verbal feedback to NTC Resource Coordinator and/or Manager on Neurodiagnostic Technician and/or student preceptor’s performance.
Quality Management Responsibilities:
- Participates in organizational and departmental quality improvement activities.
- Communicates customer satisfaction issues to appropriate individuals.
- Provides ideas and suggestions for process improvements within the department
Required Education/Experience and License/Certification:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR certified in basic cardiac life support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Registry in respective discipline (EEG, EMG) corresponding with the clinical area of work for the institution.
- Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (R.EEG.T) through the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential technologists (ABRET) for EEG
- Registered Nerve Conduction Technologist (R. NCS T.) through the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists (AAET) OR Certified Nerve Conduction Technologist (CNCT) through American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM) for EMG
- In lieu of registry, candidate may be considered who are board registry eligible, and complete registration within 12 months of hire date
Preferred License/Certification and Regulatory Agency:
- In addition to EEG or EMG, registration in one or more of the following disciplines: EEG, EP, CLTM, CNIM
- Registration through the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential technologists (ABRET) for EP, CLTM, CNIM
- Prior experience in multiple ENDT modalities.
To apply, please complete an application using the link below and follow up with Denise Alexander at email@example.com to have the employer review your application.