Sterile Process Tech Lead
Loyola University Medical Center is currently looking to hire Sterile Process Tech Lead. For more details on the position, please see the job description below:
The Sterile Processing Tech Lead coordinates workflow and assists with staff supervision, orientation and assignment of duties within the surgical reprocessing department. Monitors instrument processing and sterilization for quality assurance.
- Assists supervisor and/or manager with overseeing Decontamination, Sterilization, Prep& Packing, control Desk, Case Picking activities, implementing short-term solutions as needed; developing and recommending long-term resolutions to the Supervisor and Manager. Document and reports all departments/activities as they occur to be communicated to the Supervisor, Manager and oncoming charge staff.
- Assists the Supervisor and SRP Trainer with the competencies, orientation and training of all technicians.
- Complies with established policy, regulatory and safety standards.
- Recognize performance excellence or problem behavior and apply appropriate commendations, counseling and informal disciplinary action. Recommend written commendations or formal disciplinary action to the Supervisor and Manager. Gives feedback to manager and participates in annual performance review for employees. Monitors and documents employee performance, and notifies manager of issues as appropriate.
- Assists the Supervisor and perform active and documented Quality Assurance activities related to departmental activities to ensure positive outcomes in the final product.
- Supervise and perform customer support / response activities related to surgery or any other related areas.
- Recommends changes to work processes or systems according to ensure the quality of services provided. Trains and maintains staff awareness in Lean manufacturing principles, keeping work area clean and organized. Working towards the goal -To provide every patient in the OR with a clean, complete and sterile tray from SRP.
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities:
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Administrative or technical background acquired through completion of 2 – 3 years of college
- 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician
- Other: IAHCSMM or CBSPD Certification required within six months of hire.
- Basic Keyboarding Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to lead work teams
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize workflow
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Other: N/A
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position and company. Please complete an application as well on their website using the link below.