OR Surgical Tech
Loyola University Medical Center is currently looking to hire an OR Surgical Tech for their Maywood and Melrose Park locations. For more details on the opportunities, please see below:
The Surgical Tech will provide patient care in the Operating Room by utilizing aseptic technique while focusing on the needs of the surgical patient and exemplifying the service excellence goals of care, concern, respect and cooperation. As a contributing member of the health care team, participates in a comprehensive surgical plan of care for assigned patient.
- Demonstrates basic intraoperative scrub responsibilities – Prepares surgical team. Assists in basic draping. Positions OR equipment & supplies. Prepares & operates room equipment. Creates sterile area using aseptic technique.
- Prepares supplies, recognizes and corrects when sterility is compromised. Demonstrates proper handling of surgical specimens. Performs counts per policy and procedures. Follows National Patient Safety Goal guidelines.
- Demonstrates basic case preparation – Selects equipment & supplies by use of preference cards. Locates basic equipment & supplies. Identifies & demonstrates methods of surgical reprocessing of instrumentation & supplies. Prepares self for the scrub role. Prepares surgical instrument supplies for surgery.
- Demonstrates basic postoperative scrub responsibilities – Prepares the patient for transit to recovery. Prepares equipment and supplies for surgical processing. Disposal of sharps and waste. Complete and record surgical counts. Initiate cleaning of OR. Assists in proper delivery of surgical specimens.
- Participates in the identification and resolution of opportunities for improvement. Participates in departmental quality improvement activities which are consistent with the Medical Center. Utilizes time and resources efficiently and effectively.
- Communication & professional development – Communicates significant information regarding the patient care to other health care members. Plays an active role in team and subgroup meetings. Promotes effective working relationships with coworkers and supervisors. Demonstrates flexibility, versatility and adaptability in terms of work assignments. Accepts new challenges. Initiates opportunities for growth.
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities:
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
- Less than one year of previous job-related experience
- Specify Degree(s): Surgical Technology
- Associates Degree
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Certified Surgical Technologist
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Other: Ability to manage interpersonal relationships at the workplace and address any conflicts in a strictly professional manner.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position and company.