DuPage Medical Group is currently looking to hire an EEG Tech position for their Naperville location. The EEG Tech operates electroencephalograph (EEG) machine in order to measure brain wave characteristics for use by physicians in diagnosing brain disorders. In doing so, reviews patients’ medical charts, explains procedures to patients and/or families in order to allay anxieties and elicit cooperation, positions patients for testing and operates equipment. During testing, the EEG technician monitors the patient’s status and notes any abnormalities. After testing is complete, they report their findings to the patient’s doctor for further analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains patient care areas with appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment and physiological artifacts, distinguishing normal from abnormal.
- Thorough understanding and direct familiarly with all aspects of EP data acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- Excellent human relation skills.
- Technical aptitude.
- Usually works independently
- Performs electroneurodiagnostic procedure without supervision.
- Reports adverse events to MDs directly.
- Reports completed testing to the physicians via email or text message.
- Maintenance storage and ordering of adequate inventory.
- Maintenance of EEG mechanics
- Administration of EEG test to achieve optimum results and accurate test interpretation.
- Maintains daily and monthly records for departmental documentation statistical reporting and physician reimbursement.
- Co-ordination of activities with internal/external customers.
- Performs EEG procedures on elderly immobile, and sometimes uncooperative who need assistance in positioning. This position will need to recognize needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups of patients treated, i.e., understand child growth and development, normal patterns of adolescent behavior and look for signs of normal aging prior experience with various age groups in preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Typing a plus.
- Knowledge of windows applications for computers.
- Knowledge of basic infection control standards relating to patients and equipment, including electrodes necessary.
EDUCATION and / or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Must have passed or be eligible for ABRET written board examination for EEG.
- ASET member
- Graduate of approved program for EEG or 2-3 years experience in EEG testing performing tests on adults.
- Registered EEG Technician Certificate required
Ideal candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position and company. Also, please complete an application using the link below: