OB Certified Surgical Tech
Sign on Incentive Available
Community Hospital in Hobart, IN is currently looking to hire Certified Surgical Techs for their St. Mary Medical Center. Under the supervision of the manager (or designee) and according to established practices, performs patient care services by performing skills and procedures necessary for providing required instruments and varying aspects of patient care during the cesarean section surgical procedure, assists the medical and nursing staff with patient visits and procedures. Assists nursing personnel in maintaining efficient and effective departmental patient flow by maintaining records, inventories and charts related to patient care activities.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Graduation from an accredited Surgical Technology training program.
- For new graduates after July 2, 2009 – Certified Surgical Technologist Credentials, administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA), must be obtained within 12 months after graduation.
- All technicians must accumulate 15 hours of AST approved Continuing Education related to Surgical Technology per calendar year (July 1 through June 30).
- One to three months of on-the-job experience