Diagnostic, Cardiac, & Perinatal Sonographers
Allina Health in Minnesota & Western Wisconsin is currently looking to hire Diagnostic, Cardiac, & Perinatal Sonographers. At Allina Health, we’re here to care, guide, inspire and comfort the millions of patients we see each year at our 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals and through a wide variety of specialty care services.
Performs abdominal, small parts, OB/GYN, vascular imaging and provides sonography guidance for interventional procedures, in accordance with department policies and the American College of Radiology (ACR). Uses independent judgment, and has thorough understanding of equipment and positioning to provide optimum service to patients and providers.
- Completes procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient with two identifiers.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all images has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the storage and retrieval system.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicates with Supervisor and team
- Reports problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Vocational degree Associate degree accredited School of Diagnostic Ultrasound required or
- Vocational or Technical Training Graduate of accredited School of Radiologic Technology and 2 year School of Diagnostic Ultrasound required or
- Vocational or Technical Training Graduate of accredited School of Radiologic Technology and ARDMS registered or registry eligible. required
- Less than 2 Years Diagnostic Sonography experience required
- Certified Ultrasound Technologist – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography required registered in abdomen, and/or OB/GYN, registry eligible upon hire or
- Certified Ultrasound Technologist – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography required registry eligible, registered within 6 months of hire and
- Registered Vascular Technologist – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography required registered RVT upon hire for AHG Clinic Locations or
- Registered Vascular Technologist – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography required registry eligible, registered within 6 months for Hospital locations
- BLS Tier 1 – Basic Life Support – Multisource required upon hire
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together: Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate well in straight-forward situations.
- Collaboration: Develops partnerships with internal team members.
- Company Knowledge: Understands how his/her role relates to others on the team and the role of the team.
- Functional Knowledge: Thorough understanding of his/her discipline and a rudimentary understanding of other disciplines.
- Problem Solving: Uses common sense to solve routine issues.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently
To apply, please complete an application using the link below and follow up with Denise Alexander at email@example.com for a direct referral to the company.