Echo Tech I & II
Advocate Aurora Health Care has several openings for Echo Tech I & II positions throughout Chicago and the Chicagoland area. The Echo Tech I & II is expected to provide to the interpreting physician, through the diagnostic imaging techniques of ultrasound, a complete and accurate documentation of cardiac anatomy and cardiac performance for all age groups ranging from neonatal, pediatric, adults and cases of organ donation. To assist the physician in determining cardiac structure and myocardial performance via transesophageal echo studies (TEE), stress echocardiograms and dobutamine stress echocardiograms.
- Provides clerical functions necessary for physician’s interpretation, department, records, and patient billing
- Provides competent and proficient technical skills in the performance of STAT and routine cardiac ultrasounds implementing procedural standards and protocols for the following modalities
- Provides patient care specific to procedural requirements within department policies
- Maintains professional growth, self development, objectives, skill enhancement and commitment to the organization
- Interacts with medical staff, nurses and other hospital departments regarding patient care and department procedures
- Maintains a safe and efficient work environment
All Echo Technologists are accountable for fulfilling the on~call responsibilities of the Echo Lab as defined below:
- All Echo Technologists will assume weekend back~up call as scheduled to respond to possible increased patient volumes on Saturday and Sunday. Back~up call is paid 0700~1530.
- During the hours of Monday~Friday 1630~0700 and Saturday~Sunday 1530~0700, Echo Technologists will be on~call for emergent Adult cases and Pediatric cases.
- Holidays are covered on~call 24 hours for adult and pediatric emergent cases.
- Demonstrated skills for advanced learning in echocardiology
Achieve Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography Certification
(RDCS ~ Adult) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) within 1 year of employment
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at email@example.com and indicate in the email the name of the position and the company you are applying for.