Basko Dermatology located in Naperville, IL is currently looking for a Medical Assistant. To find out more details regarding this opportunity, please read the job description below:
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma or equivalent
This is a full time position, consisting of 36-40 hours per week.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Aptitude and/or experience in learning clinical tasks required in a medical office, including but not limited to taking patient history and vital signs, assisting at office surgical procedures, sterile technique, etc. Proven ability in establishing rapport with patients, staff and supervisors. Excellent grammar and communication skills. Proven skill in handling several office tasks simultaneously. Cheerful personality, pleasant phone voice and manner. Familiarity with medical terms and spelling accuracy. Clear, legible handwriting.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- Previous experience in a medical office, hospital or other medical facility required, previous experience in dermatology preferred.
- Must be eligible for insurance bonding.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS- NOT REQUIRED
- Aesthetic or cosmetology license
- Prepare exam rooms, materials and instruments for the day’s procedures.
- Escort patients to examination rooms; confirm purpose of visit, take patient history and record history in EMR according to existing office policy.
- Assist physician with office medical and surgical procedures as required.
- Instruct patients regarding pre- and post-operative care as instructed by physician.
- Clean examination rooms after each patient encounter
- Send biopsies and lab specimens to appropriate labs for processing.
- Perform all tasks assigned in a manner compliant with current government regulations, i.e. OSHA, CLIA, etc.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of medical supplies and equipment.
- Clean and sterilize medical instruments.
- Send prescriptions to pharmacies as instructed by physician, accurately documenting information in the appropriate patient chart.
- Convey biopsy results to patients as directed by physician.
- Assist in triaging calls as time permits between patients.
- Utilize any free time productively to assure optimum patient flow through the office.
- Provide backup for telephone coverage or other business office tasks as required.
- All other duties as assigned by office manager or physician.
Job Type: Full-time
- The practice website is https://baskodermatology.com/.
- The potential hire will be working directly with Dr. Basko
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.