Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology practice in beautiful River North is looking for full time Medical Assistants with a can-do attitude to ADD to our growing team of 20 MAs! Dermatology/NexTech EMR experience preferred but not required.
Our office has a holistic learning environment with a strong emphasis on work-life balance. Certification is not required however we will provide Dermatology Technician Certification to the right candidates. If you enjoy staying busy, the option to work 38-40 hours in 4 days (or 5 days), a positive working environment, product bonus opportunities, generous paid time off (PTO), please send your resume for consideration.
Please visit our website for more information about our practice: www.chicagodermatology.com
Position Accountabilities and Performance Objectives:
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination. Sets up rooms for appropriate procedures.
- Assists providers with examinations, cosmetic procedures and surgeries.
- Documents all patient notes in an electronic medical record, NexTech.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; keeping patient information confidential.
- Responds to patient telephone inquiries.
- Maintains pathology and laboratory logs.
- Administers medications and injections as needed.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt. Keep exams rooms fully stocked.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the dermatology practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains professional image through proper attire and grooming.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Ability to work one Saturday per month (8:30am to 2pm)
- Ability to effectively triage patients to obtain chief complaint.
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and general etiquette.
- Ability to understand patient’s needs and concerns.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency.
- Proficient with medical terminology.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited medical assistance program with the ability to sit for the national Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam. Qualified years of experience in lieu of certification may be considered in some cases.
- Two years experience in a physician medical practice preferred, but not required. Dermatology or plastic surgery experience is preferred. New graduates are welcome to apply.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Denise Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the email the name of the position and company.