Sterile Processing Technician
- Position: Sterile Processing Technician
- Location: Skokie Hospital
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: ALL SHIFTS
- Required Travel: N/A
- License: N/A
- Education: High school Diploma or GED required
- Certification: Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) strongly preferred
- Experience: Two years of sterile processing or operating room experience preferred
- Skills: N/A What you will do:
- Provide hospital and affiliated facilities with sterile processed materials and equipment
- Execute established procedures for decontamination assembly, packaging sterilization and surgical case cart set up practices by ensuring quality product for patient care
- Follow established procedures to ensure decontamination completion
- Place sterile items in appropriate areas for distribution, ensuring the items are accurately labeled by department
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. The NorthShore system, headquartered in Evanston, Ill., includes five hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Skokie and Swedish. NorthShore also includes a 900 physician multispecialty group practice, NorthShore Medical Group, with more than 140 locations in the Chicagoland area. NorthShore has an established reputation and employs over 10,500 people.
NorthShore is committed to excellence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet® recognition—the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care—something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet re-designation in 2019. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Primary Location: USA-IL-Skokie
Work Locations: Skokie Hospital : SKOK-1250